The following will allow you to create a test script to ensure Python is working on your account and view the environment variables.
- Create a python file locally on your computer with the following code:
#!/usr/bin/python print "Content-type: text/html" print print "<pre>" import os, sys from cgi import escape print "<strong>Python %s</strong>" % sys.version keys = os.environ.keys() keys.sort() for k in keys: print "%s\t%s" % (escape(k), escape(os.environ[k])) print "</pre>"
- Create or modify an existing .htaccess file, add the following lines:
AddType text/html py AddHandler cgi-script .py
- Save the files and upload them both to your public_html folder via FTP or the cPanel File Manager.
- Set the permissions of your .py file to 755 so that the server can execute it, this can be done via the File Manager or in most FTP clients.
- Navigate to /index.py and you should see output of the environment variables and their values.